12 Nov Reach your nutrition potential
Reach your nutrition potential!
Are you wanting to reach your health goals and fitness potential? Looking at your diet and food intake is a great place to start. You don’t have to make a drastic overhaul to your diet, but with small changes you can make a huge impact to optimise your health in the long term.
You can nourish and nurture your body from the inside starting with the 5 simple tips:
- Up the veggie intake – packed full of vitamins and minerals, vegetables are low in energy, choose a variety every day and at every meal. Fresh, locally produced and the brighter the colour the better!
- Add a bit of protein – lean proteins can help keep hunger at bay. Not just the lean meats, chicken, fish, but other proteins like eggs, yoghurt, milk, tofu, chickpeas, lentils are all great sources of protein you can add to snacks and meals throughout the day.
- Don’t skip meals – give your body a regular source of fuel so it doesn’t have to go into storing mode, but remember listen to your appetite.
- Pay attention to hunger ques – listen to your body! So often we forget! Is it really hungry? Or perhaps it is thirsty, tired or bored maybe? And on the flip side when eating, is your body satisfied or full?
- Drink plenty of water – coming into warmer months, hydration is so important for good health. Not only will it aid digestion, but also keep your skin hydrated.
For more information or a nutrition consultation contact Pennie (penniemccoyAPD.com.au), an accredited practicing dietitian and nutritionist.