22 May Ways to reduce the sugar craving
The most obvious, keep sugary snacks out of the house! It is difficult to snack on things that just aren’t there
Learn To Read Label
The longer the list of ingredients, I find, the more likely sugar is going to be included on that list
Move Your Body
Whatever movement you enjoy will help reduce tension, boost your energy and decrease your need for a sugar lift
Add spices and herbs to add taste and help keep cravings at bay
Coriander, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and cardamon will naturally sweeten your foods and reduce cravings
Choose Whole Foods
The closer a food is to its original form, the less processed sugar it will contain.
Eat three meals and two to three small snacks a day. For many people, if they don’t eat regularly, their blood sugar level drops. That’s definitely the case for me, if I feel hungry, I’m more likely to crave sweet sugary snacks.
Eating a good breakfast is essential to prevent sugar cravings.
I made these delicious peanut butter balls this morning and they have helped me get through my own afternoon craving. I ALWAYS want something small and decedent so keeping these bliss balls are an essential for me so I don’t eat chocolate.
Try them out and let me know how you go!
Ingredients for Balls
• 1 cup raw cashews
• 1 cup rolled oats
• ¼ cup honey (can substitute with maple syrup, rice malt syrup, agave etc but will adjust calorie count)
• ½ cup peanut butter. Calories may vary between brands
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 tbsp water
Ingredients for Chocolate Coating
• 1 tbsp cacao can substitute with cocoa
• 2 tbsp coconut oil liquified but cool
• ½ tbsp honey or sweetener of choice You can make this 1 tbsp of sweetener if you prefer it quite sweet but it will slightly increase the calories.
Method for Balls
1. Blitz cashews and oats together until crumbly.
2. Add honey (or your preferred sweetener), peanut butter, vanilla extract and water and blitz until well combined.
3. Roll into 26 balls and place on tray lined with baking paper and pop into the freezer to set.
Method for Chocolate Coating
1. Mix all ingredients together until smooth.
2. Remove balls from freezer and proceed to dip each ball half way into the chocolate mixture.
3. Place each ball back onto baking paper lined tray to set.
4. Once each ball has been dipped and cooled, repeat the dipping process again so each has two coatings of chocolate.
5. Pop into fridge or freezer to set.
6. Can be kept in fridge or freezer.
Source: The healthy Mummy